Install MySQL server
1) Download the latest version of MySQL on this page:
and unzip the archive, then you put in the folder.
2) Install MySQL with the following commands in your terminal:
sudo make install
3) Change permissions if necessary (MySQL Directory and database).
4) Check if the MySQL installation was successful by typing this command
You should get a message similar to this one:
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.28, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1
5) Add a password for the root user :
mysqladmin -u root password [your_very_secure_password_here]
6) Connect to your database:
mysql -u root -p